Do I Dare Disturb The Universe?


The question "do I dare disturb the universe?" has been on my mind lately--it's from a T.S. Eliot poem I discovered in an article on my favorite author who referenced it in terms of her writing. Writing which often made people uncomfortable by asking questions without easy answers and broadening minds; disturbing the comfortable universe they have created for themselves. Many of us little in a self-manufactured universe of half-truths and find ourselves uneasy when presented with other realities like different beliefs, lifestyles, etc. I see individual universes as comfort zones we live in and dislike being forced out of. Most of that is aside from the main questions on my mind, that being: do I dare disturb the universe? Do my friends? When people say things I am vehemently opposed to how often do I choose to leave the universe alone, to remain silent in fear of rocking the proverbial boat? I feel quite often that I am meek when I should be brazen...

Outfit details:
vintage shoes
*pictures by Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment