Cloud Pearls


All outfits need a starting point--the spark of inspiration. For me there's never one consistent point of inspiration; sometimes it's an image I saw in an editorial or look I walked down the runway, or some pretty scene I saw while walking or driving on my way somewhere else, or even just being the nearest dress to my bed when I wake up in the morning. Since summer styles tend to be incredibly minimal (to the point of boredom!) with a mere dress and shoes combination I tend to focus on jewelry more as a building block. I recently received a couple of pieces from Cloud Pearls and her handmade, color-blocked necklaces are keeping me inspired right now. With this pretty red, pale pink, and mint one I decided on a navy palette to make it pop and then coordinated with nautical cardigan. Everything's still light and easy enough to survive the heat of the day while I get to feel pulled-together instead of overly "plain Jane."

Outfit details:
ASOS dress (old, similar)
Zara purse
Topshop sandals (old, similar)
*pictures by Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment