Style Crush: Johanna Ost


I can hardly think of a blogger more devoted to the "vintage look" than Johanna Ost. She reminds me of Dita Von Teese in her level of commitment and how anachronistic she looks when photographed by modern settings. I first followed her on Flickr, but she switched over to a blog around 2012 and doesn't seem to update as frequently. Still, her retro-perfect style continues to be a huge inspiration. I think most vintage bloggers (myself included) too often default to vintage dresses with full skirts, peep-toes and a red lip--very 50s style really. Johanna Ost is an exception taking notes from decades earlier with notes from the 30s and 40s, and experimenting with a variety of vintage turbans and hats. Her vintage is anything but boring or typical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment